2015 Player Evaluations
PLAYER EVALUATIONS HAVE BEEN SCHEDULED!
ALL REGISTERED PLAYERS AGE 7 AND OLDER MUST PARTICIPATE!
When: Friday, February 27th & Saturday, February 28th (see your child’s time bracket below)
Where: Fauquier County Fairgrounds in “The Barn”
(6209 Old Auburn Road, Warrenton, VA 20187)
When: Sunday, March 1st (see your child’s time bracket below)
Where: Auburn Middle School Gym
(7270 Riley Rd, Warrenton, VA 20187)
Important note: Players must wear TENNIS SHOES. NO Cleats will be allowed in the facility where we will be holding evaluations.
Meet at “The Barn” according to the schedule for your child’s age level OR the level in which your daughter wants to play (Girls who want to “play up” in the next age level older than their age should come to the evaluation level in which she wants to play. If, after evaluation, the evaluators feel she is not ready to play in the upper age bracket, she will be placed in the proper age bracket according to her age. No additional evaluation is necessary.)
Players MUST bring:
- tennis shoes
- bat (if they wish to use their own bat)
- helmet (if they wish to use their own helmet)
- catcher's gear (if they wish to be evaluated as a catcher and have their own gear)
Many parents have inquired as to the status of their submitted proofs of residency and age. We are still working through the abundance of paperwork and as such will not be able to get back in touch to confirm receipt prior to evaluations. As this is our first year with Little League requirements, we are working through the process as efficiently as possible and appreciate your patience. If you are concerned that we may not have your paperwork, you should BRING A COPY WITH YOU to evaluations, just to be sure.
Space is VERY LIMITED at The Barn facility; at this time we do not expect space for parents to wait indoors. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work through our first evaluation. Thanks for signing up to play ball with FGLLS. We are excited for a great spring season!
Friday night, February 27th, 5:30 – 8:30 PM
- 10-12 year olds 5:30 – 6:30
- 7-9 year olds 6:30 – 7:30
- 13-18 year olds 7:30 – 8:30
Saturday, February 28th, 9:00 – 1:00 PM
- 10-12 year olds 9:00 – 10:30
- 7-9 year olds 10:30 – 12:00
- 13-18 year olds 12:00 – 1:00
Saturday, February 28th, 2:00 – 6:00 PM
- 10-12 year olds 2:00 – 3:30
- 7-9 year olds 3:30 – 5:00
- 13-18 year olds 5:00 – 6:00
What to expect:
(3) proofs of residency and your child’s proof of birth MUST BE GIVEN TO US BEFORE YOUR CHILD CAN BE EVALUATED.You may bring them with you to evaluations, but please do not forget them. Girls cannot be evaluated unless we have these documents. If you would like to send them to us ahead of time, you may mail them by Wednesday, February 25th to: FGLLS, Attn: Player Agent, PO Box 595, Warrenton, VA 20188
2. Girls should bring their own gloves, bats, etc. and will move through stations while evaluated for the following:
· Pitching (for pitchers only)
· Catching (for catchers only)
3. We will not know which team or level your daughter will be in until the evaluators have submitted their evaluations and the assignments/draft are conducted. Over the course of the next few days teams will be formed. Coaches will have a coach’s meeting mid-March, and after asignments are made or draft is complete the coaches will contact the parents to let you know you are on their team and when they have scheduled practices.
We cannot anticipate how long the evaluation process will take; it depends how long check-in will take—we are still in need of residency and age proofs from many participants and it will take some time to process these.
Click here to see what is required for (3) proofs of residency.
Click here for information regarding proof of participant’s age.